‘The Purchasing Power Of Nigerians Is Severely Weakened’ – Ndume Pleads With Tinubu To Lower Fuel, Food Prices

I

Ikenna Ngere

Hunger Looms: Boko Haram Looting Immature Crops Without Confrontation - Sen Ndume

Senator representing Borno South, Mohammed Ali Ndume, has called on President Bola Tinubu to take immediate steps to reduce rising food and fuel prices, which are intensifying the hardships faced by Nigerians.​

Expressing deep concern over the nation’s economic struggles, Ndume urged the President to address the escalating costs that are pushing essential goods beyond the reach of average citizens.

In a statement released in Abuja, Ndume accused certain “fifth columnists” of collaborating with saboteurs to disrupt the Tinubu administration’s efforts to improve the country.

He warned that these individuals are promoting harsh reforms that harm Nigerians, rather than focusing on practical solutions to stabilize inflation and the exchange rate.

Bad elements are trying hard to turn the people against President Tinubu’s administration by advocating for harsh reforms and ineffective policies, rather than focusing on controlling inflation and the exchange rate, which are making life difficult for Nigerians,” Ndume stated.

Recognizing Tinubu’s intent to improve Nigeria, Ndume encouraged him to carefully consider the needs of struggling families affected by inflation and skyrocketing costs of essential goods and services.

Highlighting the severe impact on the poorest Nigerians, Ndume stressed the urgent need for the administration to consider the financial strain on struggling families.

I believe President Bola Ahmed Tinubu genuinely wants to improve Nigeria and the lives of its citizens. I know this because of what he stands for. However, some of his advisers may not have the best interests of the people at heart and are giving him misguided advice.

“I urge him to resist these negative influences that seek to pit the people against his administration. The hardship inflicted by these advisers is becoming unbearable. I’m currently in Borno, and I can attest to the suffering, hunger, frustration, and anger among the people,
” Ndume remarked.

Currently in Borno, Ndume described the visible suffering, hunger, and frustration he has observed among his constituents.

In Borno State, many families can’t afford to eat. The relentless price increases have created unimaginable hardship. Farmers struggle to transport their products due to exorbitant transportation costs. Those who can still sell their goods raise prices to cover these expenses, making food unaffordable for many. Travel has become prohibitively expensive; for example, the cost of traveling by road from Abuja to Maiduguri is astronomical. How can our people afford this?

“I know that President Tinubu means well for Nigerians, and he should not allow a few misguided advisers to ruin this country. I implore him to take action before it’s too late. Testing the patience of Nigerians is unwise, and that is precisely what these bad advisers are doing
.”

Ndume concluded with a call for immediate action from the President upon his return to the country to relieve Nigerians from the mounting economic pressure.

Upon the President’s return to Nigeria, I urge him to urgently address these pressing issues. The purchasing power of Nigerians is severely weakened, and they cannot afford the burdens imposed by those who wish to harm the state,” he concluded.

The post ‘The Purchasing Power Of Nigerians Is Severely Weakened’ – Ndume Pleads With Tinubu To Lower Fuel, Food Prices appeared first on Naija News.

Back