Spurs forward to be offered £400,000 contract
Kane is set to be one of the hottest properties in this summer’s transfer market after signalling his desire to leave Spurs in search of silverware and Champions League football.
Kane is attracting interest from United this summer and the club could even sanction the sale of Anthony Martial to fund the England captain’s transfer.
And The Times report that the Frenchman could be the designated causality should United sign a star striker.
The Red Devils will double Kane’s wages to around £400,000 per week and are also are prepared to pay him an £18m signing-on fee to compensate for the loss of earnings from the rest of his Spurs contract, according to Ian McGarry of The Transfer Window Podcast.
• João Felix to leave Atletico
• Man Utd advance Kane transfer
• Celtic frustration
• Lampard interest in West Brom
• Nuno confirms Wolves exit
• Potter Tottenham’s magic one?
• Aguero’s Barca deal in place
• Guardiola Bad Loser awardhttps://t.co/rnPv9IRwLs pic.twitter.com/wTBeU7DwsB
– The Transfer Window Podcast (@TransferPodcast) May 21, 2021
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be understandably reluctant to sell Kane to a Premier League rival – but could have his arm twisted by a bid of £120million, according to The Athletic.
That would be United’s transfer record smashed for starters, dwarfing the £89m paid to land Paul Pogba from Juventus five years ago.